EXCITING NEWS!! THE CLINIC WILL BE RE-OPENING ON MONDAY 1 ST JUNE!
20th May 2020 - Please read.
Click to visit NHS Website
This is certainly very exciting news for me and my patients, but please bear in mind, at present, these appointments will still be quite limited (see below), and I thank you for your patience and understanding. I will be taking calls and contacting patients who were cancelled prior to lockdown, from Monday 25 th May, to be seen from Monday 1 st June. Initially, I will be open Monday-Friday 8am-1pm and I will continue to re-assess demand and amend my hours as required. Online booking will be unavailable at this time. My new procedures below follow the most recent guidelines set out by the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy and Physio First and I will adhere to these at all times. The safety of my patients is paramount. Guidance is changing almost every day so please do keep checking back here or on social media to find the most up to date information.
This unfortunately will not be ‘business as usual’ just yet. In the first instance, all contact must be a triage appointment via telephone or video call (Whatsapp or Zoom). If I deem that you are an appropriate patient to be seen face to face, we will discuss all the necessary arrangements and I will book you in. If I deem that you can be effectively managed via remote means (this is still the recommended course of action at this stage for most patients) with advice and exercise, then we will arrange a suitable time for a 30mins virtual/remote session.
Who can be seen?
You can be seen if you meet any of the following criteria-
- If you are suffering with debilitating and/or deteriorating symptoms that cannot be managed remotely
- If you have had recent surgery and require urgent rehabilitation
- Conditions that require a more ‘hands on’ approach and have not responded to exercise and advice
- Any condition which may result in a decline in your physical or mental wellbeing or may result in possible attendance at A&E or secondary care.
I would love to see all of my patients again, but unfortunately, at present, only emergency/urgent patients can be seen face to face, after doing a thorough risk assessment. All routine and massagenappointments will be seen at a later date and I will update you as soon as this changes.
What am I doing to ensure a safe environment?
- Masks are to be worn by everyone present in the clinic
- Only one patient will be seen at any one time, and there will not be any patient to patient contact as appointment times will be staggered
- The 2m social distancing rule will be applied whenever possible- for example when taking the history
- Deep cleaning of all clinic areas very regularly
- Single use pillowcases
- Hand sanitiser and hand wash is provided for you to use when you enter and leave the clinic
- A full history will be taken prior to patients attending to ensure they do not have any Covid-19 symptoms, and also to check if they or anyone they have been in contact with, has had Covid-19
- Do not attend the clinic if you, or anyone you live with, has a fever (above 37.5°), cough or loss of smell
- Contact details for everyone who has been in the clinic will be taken to enable us to contact trace if need be
What to expect at your appointment
- Please do not arrive early for your appointment.
You will be politely asked to wait in your car/outside at a safe distance, and I will call you in at your appointment time
- Where possible, please attend the clinic on your own
- I will take a forehead temperature reading when you arrive
- A Covid-19 screening questionnaire will be taken
- You will be asked to wear a mask/face covering- if you have one please bring it with you, if not, I can provide single use face masks
- You will be asked to wash your hands on arrival in the clinic and when you leave
- I will be wearing all appropriate PPE, as per guidance from Public Health England Card payments only
How to book an appointment
- Please call 01449 774506 to book an appointment ( I will respond to any messages as soon as possible)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Appointments will either be a telephone or video consultation with advice and exercises, or a face to face appointment if I assess that you are appropriate for this
Initial telephone triage- free of charge
Video call/telephone appointment (30mins)- £25
Face to Face physiotherapy treatment (1 hour) - £50